50 Players online
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Gambling improvements #2

Posted (edited)

Scrap the last thread, I think adding a shop with a dice bag and mithril seeds in (Similarly to elkoy) would be a better idea.

Firstly, flower poker is heavily bugged. Plants are on top of each other, it's hard to see what has been planted and impossible to see if you've beaten your opposition until afterwards. Furthermore, if you get 4 of a kind, it equals a bust. I got 4OAK vs Skillerprod's bust and it said we tied. Of course Skillerprod paid up after, but it's a glitch in a 'safe system'. Dice duels are fine but there is no control. People like to plant at their own occord and feel in control of when/how they gamble as much as possible.

I've spoken to Skillerprod (Mod) and he also thinks this would suit the community better. Others share the opinion too, and the reason is because it brings a closer sense of community. I understand this also gives the opportunity to scam; but similarly to successful gambling communities such as elkoy (again), people learn who they can/can't trust, clans come into place etc. 

The ability to have control is also a big one, which a lot of people prefer, and to be able to plant/roll how they want and when they want.  As I mentioned in the previous suggestion thread, gambling is a huge part of RSPS' and brings communities alone, and makes interesting and likable content for content creators and viewers.

As I said, it has its side effects such as scamming etc, but with firm rules in place and encouragement of recording at all times and betting at your own risk, this can be combatted. Any scammers will be dealt with accordingly, and whether the player is refunded or not would be totally up to the Owner (of course).

I encourage you to consider this, as it has more positives than negatives whilst gambling is actually implemented; or until the current system is 100% reliable.

Thanks for reading

Edited by Ryan